Well, its that time of the year again! The time we all (at least I do) get excited about a ‘fresh start!’ The time we take bets on how long the resolutions will last…
2008 was supposed to be my lucky year according to the Chinese Calendar since I was born in 1984. If an outsider looks at the past year of my life they probably wouldn’t say it was so lucky. However, when I look back on it in retrospect, I think it was. I made the biggest decision of my life this year – I decided to move to London. If none of the other things in 2008 resulted in anything good – I know this decision will, and I can’t really ask for more than that.
Which brings me to 2009. What are my resolutions? Well here they are in no particular order (except for #1 – it seems to be on the top of the list every year…)
- Get rid of ‘the last 10lbs’ (ugh!)
- Eat healthier (or at all, depending on how my London budget crisis will go)
- Take up Pilates (need to get that flexibility back! It currently hurts to bend over)
- Stress less! (Deep breathes…1…2….3…4…5…)
- Be more selfless (I have what is known as “younger sibling syndrome“)
- Travel more (yessssss!)
- Write more …and write better!
- Meet a nice boy (mmm accents)
- Save more (this one is ultra difficult when you’re a big geek like me and have a huge gadget addiction)
- Take up kickboxing again
- Walk more
- Learn to cook (thank you Nintendo DS for coming up with “Personal Trainer: Cooking” – much love!)
- Make great new friends in London (although I’m hoping I don’t have to make this an actual resolution – kinda hoping it will just happen in London)
- Be more confident in my decisions (thats a biggie)
- Make amazing new memories!
Although I’m sure there are many more, I don’t want to bore you – and I don’t want to over-burden myself. Haha.
Anyways, I wish you the reader, and all of my friends the best of luck in the new year! May it be the best one yet!
What are your new years resolutions?